Friday, January 17, 2014

History of tasting

I read somewhere that you need to try something ten times before you learn to like it.  Perhaps that is true.  I am a huge fan of food and I will eat or try almost anything. This was not always the case.  As a child, I lived on tuna, PB&J (or a variation of this), and anything plain.  I hated cheese and lunch meat and anything with chunks.  Boring!
Fast forward to college.  I went to a small liberal arts school outside of Boston.  There is a lot more variety for the palate in Boston then in Nebraska.  I was dared by a group of friends to try sushi.  Gag!!! But what the hell, they were buying so I went for it!  Thus began my love affair with all things food.  
Since college I have traveled to most of the large cities in the United States and several countries and have sampled the plain to the exotic.  One thing has held true throughout my eating adventures both at home and while traveling:
A BAD MEAL WILL RUIN MY WHOLE DAY!  
Therefore, I have decided to create a food blog to write about my eating experiences.  This will be therapeutic and fun and wil hopefully help some of you in your food journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment