Saturday, October 4, 2014

Korean Noodles to die for! Tomukun Noodle Bar, Ann Arbor

I was meeting my Sister-in-law for lunch and we had planned on steak but it was really cold so I suggested we go to the noodle place on Liberty for something warm.  Great decision!!!  Tomukun Korean Noodle Bar is amazing!!!  It is a very beautiful and quaint place to meet someone for lunch or dinner.   The service is excellent, and menu offers a wide variety of noodles from ramen, to udon, Pho and stir fry.

We ordered an appetizer of course!  Love love calamari, so of course I ordered the Salt and Pepper calamari.  The squid is lightly fried  and served with onions, garlic and salt and pepper and a few jalapenos to spice it up.  It was delicious!!!  Tender calamari that was fried to perfection with out a greasy after taste.  

I ordered noodles of course!  The best dish is always the house specialty so I ordered the House Pho.  Rice noodles, beef, tripe, beef meatballs, oxtail, garlic, cilantro, and onions in a beef broth.  They serve the chili oil on the side allowing the customer to add to their taste.  I appreciated this, as I am sometimes a bit wimpy with heat.
This dish was so good!  The blend of the different meats and seasonings was delicious!    I even liked the tripe!!!!  Who would have thought that possible!  It was an absolutely huge bowl, so I was delighted to have left overs for the following day!


My sister-in-law ordered the Chow Fun Noodles with chicken.  The noodles are stir fried with vegetables in a ginger soy sauce.  Yummy!!!  How they keep the noodles al dente while stir frying, is a mystery but well enjoyed!  The sauce was great and had a bit of a kick to it!  I will definitely be getting this dish in the future.

I wish we had more people with us, so I could have sampled more of the fantastic offerings.  I guess I will have to bring my family back here soon because I was a very happy girl at Tomukun Noodle Bar.  Or perhaps we could sample more of what they have to offer at the Tomukun Korean BBQ next door.  Either way any visitor to Tomuku will go home happy.

Fantastic Food Lansing restaurants

Tomukun Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment