Thursday, November 6, 2014

You can't leave NYC without eating Pizza!- John's Pizzeria

New York City pizza is, hands down, the best pizza on the planet.  Chicago natives will try to argue this, but I will stand firm.  MUST GET PIZZA, is my mantra when we travel there.  One of the best places to get pizza in NYC is John's Pizzeria.  Located on the edge of the theater district, on 44th and 8th, John's Pizzeria opened in 1997, in an old church and sports lofty ceilings and stained glass.
















We were seated on the second floor, giving us an amazing view of the mural on the back wall done by Douglas Cooper.  It is breathtaking.  We also had a view of all 4 of the coal-fired brick ovens used to serve the in house and take out masses. 

We started with John's Garlic Rolls.  You know it has to be good if it has the restaruant name in it!  And boy was it awesome!! Soft dough wrapped around garlic, mozzarella and olive oil!  They give you marinara to dip too!  My husband was so happy they left the remaining marinara for him to dip his pizza in.
We got a ceaser salad next, that was gigantic! Glad we where sharing it!  The dressing was perfect, not to garlicky or fishy.  


Now to for the Pièce de résistance, the pizza!  This pizza is absolutely fantastic!!!  Gooey cheese and thick pieces of meat on a crust so thin that the pizza bends when you lift it of the tray.  It is like magic in your mouth.  We happily had left overs that provided the best breakfast on the plane home.  I wish I had taken a whole pie with us so I could have some now!  

My husband and I were very happy with our meal at John's Pizzeria and I know you will too! 
Happy Eating!
John's of Times Square on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment