Monday, March 10, 2014

Emack and Bolio's Boston's best ice cream

Anyone who knows me knows I love ice cream.  I can say no to cake, cookies and even pie, but never ice cream.  I have my favorite ice cream shops in every city we have visited.  Therefore, it is not surprising that my first stop, on my trip to Boston, was to my all time favorite ice cream place, Emack and Bolio's, on Newbury Street.
This is not the store's original location.  Emack and Bolio's started as a basement ice cream hangout in Coolidge corner, Brookline, in the 1975, by a group of lawyers who wanted to play music late in the night.   It was named for two of the homeless men the lawyers did pro bono work for.  Emack and Bolio's has many locations, in several states, but the one on Newbury will always be my location.
The store is known for its crazy flavors such as Bananas Foster, and Grasshopper Oreo and the flavor that I had the first time I took my husband, Monster Mash (a combo of a bunch of different flavors mixed together, it was amazing).   Tonight I had salted caramel chocolate pretzel.
Can you say awesome??!!!  

This was my dinner tonight (don't tell my kids).  It is that good.  They also have amazing candy coated cones, smoothies, microbrewed sodas, chocolates and juices!   I love this place!  I am such a happy girl tonight!   

Emack & Bolio's Ice Cream on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment