Saturday, May 10, 2014

Chapelure: Coffee, tea and the sweetest of treats!!!

I can't believe it has taken me so long to write about one of my favorite places to get sweets: Chapelure!
Nestled in the corner of Hannah Plaza on Hagadorn in East Lansing, Chapelure is the perfect place for people to meet up for a cup of coffee or tea in a pleasant environment that also serves fantastic pastries and cakes.  Chapelure is not your typical coffee shop.  Owners Tae and Soogee Ahn, have created a place that is elegant and relaxing where you can get a simple cup of coffee, specialty coffee or an exotic tea (they serve loose tea to provide the best flavor).  However, you cannot walk in to Chapelure without being tempted by their amazing pastries or desserts.  Their pastry case is incredible.  Just look at it!
Am I right?  I always want to buy everything in the case.  I am a huge fan of their macaroons (shown in the upper left corner), especially the chai tea and green tea flavors.  They are crisp on the outside, gooey and moist on the inside and filled with delectable cream!  OMG!!!  I could eat these all day!  
My kids are in love with the mousse cups!   They are so rich and creamy.  My daughter and I are partial to the mango mousse.  I mean who wouldn't love mango mousse!  How delicious do they look?
 

The pastries are not just delicious but beautiful.  They take extreme care to make the desserts creative  and attractive.  Sometimes it looks too good to eat.
If you want to kick back with a relaxing cup of tea or meet someone for coffee this is your place.  This is also your place if you are in need of a dessert for a gathering, birthday or special occasion.  I am always a happy girl when I get a Chapelure treat!

Fantastic Food Lansing restaurants




Chapelure on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment