Friday, January 17, 2014

Hot Cakes

I figured there is no better way to start my food commentary then with comfort food.  For the past few weeks, I have been craving pancakes!  I am a carboholic to begin with but pancakes are my weakness.  I don't even need syrup half the time, I just eat them right off the griddle.  So where do I to get the best pancakes in the greater Lansing area?  A coney island of course!!
For those not from MI, Coney Islands originated in Detroit and are your classic greasy spoon diner known for coney dogs (hot dogs topped with a gooey meat sauce, onions and mustard).  They also have amazing breakfast!   
So I finally found the best pancakes in the Lansing area:  Sparty Coney Island in Fandor!  A picture says a thousand words:
They really are this big!  A full dinner plate size!  We have been twice this month.  The first time I mistakenly ordered a three stack (that would be three pancakes the size of dinner plates).  Oops.  Needless to say, we had breakfast for the next day.  This time, I only ordered a two stack and shared some with my son.  Not only are these puppies gigantic but they are soft, fluffy and buttery with crispy edges.  What more could you ask for in a hotcake?  If that isn't enough for you you can also have eggs with them.  Oh if you are not a fan of hot cakes (because you are nuts) their regular eggs and meat (thick crispy bacon) are amazing too.  All served with fresh home fries and toast.   Take a look:
Needless to say I am a happy girl tonight!!
Spartys Coney Island on Urbanspoon
Fantastic Food Lansing restaurants

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheri,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    https://www.urbanspoon.com/r/194/1025777/restaurant/Spartys-Coney-Island-Lansing

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/194/13290/Lansing/Fantastic-Food.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete